Concepts of Programming Languages (KP)
Class and Tutorials: Tuesdays at 8a (2 units)
- Oct 3, no class (Tag der Einheit)
- Oct 10, introduction, distribution of topics
- Oct 31, no class (Reformationstag, Lutherjahr 2017)
Note: Materials will be in English, the lectures/tutorials will be taught in German.
Class and Credits (Leistungsnachweis)
Lectures: We’ll start with an introduction to functional programming with Scala, and then go into languages and topics (prepared by students) for the remainder of the class.
Tutorials and assignments: Pairprogramming preferred, BYOD strongly recommended!
Credits: Team project (PStA) consisting of materials (slides, assignments, solutions) and final paper.
No class on Oct 3 (Tag der Einheit)
Introduction (Oct 10, slides with topics)
Intro to the class and requirements, brief overview of the available topics.
Function evaluation and the substitution model, higher order functions and how to model classes in Scala.
Functional Programming in Scala pt. 2 (Oct 24, assignments)
Learn about pattern matching, and how to use it to work with lists and collections.
No class on Oct 31 (Reformationstag, Lutherjahr 2017)
Functional Programming in Scala pt. 3 (Nov 7)
Student presentations (Nov 14 … Jan 30)
- Nov 14: Reactive programming
- Nov 21: Actors
- Nov 28: C++17
- Dec 5: C++: operator overloading and template meta programming
- Dec 12: Two-way data binding in MVC
- Dec 19: Monads (Scala)
- Jan 9: Decorators and mixins (Python)
- Jan 16: Dependency Injection
- Jan 30 (1): Squeeze for performance
- Jan 30 (2): Properties
- Jan 30 (3): Rust
Subscribe to https://github.com/hsro-inf-kp/hsro-inf-kp.github.io repository to follow updates.